Outlook is an email client that comes bundled with Microsoft Office suite, however if you want, you can purchase Outlook individually as well. Apart from emailing, this tool of Microsoft also enables you variety of other features like contacts and calendars. On one hand, where contacts feature gives you an option to manage a list of contacts and calendar; on the other hand, it enables you to create an appointment, generate and send meeting requests, set reminders for meetings, create tasks, and manage your busy or free information.
However, you may find duplicate entries in your Outlook calendar after syncing it to a calendar on your smartphone or importing a calendar on Web to your Outlook calendar. Unluckily Outlook does not have any safeguards to prevent duplicates in its mailbox whether it is email, calendar, or contacts, thus you have to perform manual deletion for the same. You can follow below mentioned steps to delete duplicate calendar entries in your Outlook:
• Start Outlook
• Select ‘Calendar’ from your Outlook mailbox’s left pane. If you manage multiple calendars in your Outlook, then select the calendar that has duplicate entries.
• Now select ‘View’ in your Outlook’s main menu bar, then scroll down and select ‘Current View’. After this scroll up and click the option ‘By Category’.
• Click the field that is indicating ‘Subject’. Doing this will arrange all your calendar entries according to their subjects and thus all the items with same subject line will be grouped together.
• Select all duplicate items together by holding down the CTRL key while left clicking on each duplicate item. This will highlight all the duplicate calendar items.
• Press ‘Delete’ key from the keyboard to delete all these selected duplicate items from your Outlook calendar.
However, if you have duplicate items in large quantity, then this process can be time taking. It may also cause data loss, if some important calendar entry is deleted accidentally during deletion. Therefore, if you do not prefer manual deletion method, then use of a professional Outlook duplicate remover is recommended. With the help of a professional tool you not only can remove duplicate Outlook calendar entries, but you can also easily delete emails, contacts, etc. without causing data loss.
Most of the Outlook duplicate remover software offer variety of criteria to segregate duplicate Outlook mailbox items and delete them easily. Some tools add themselves as add-in on your Outlook mailbox and thus let you use it easily from your Outlook itself instead of searching here and there for its shortcut.